Monday, September 26, 2011

Apple Pie: The Sequel, Heirloom Herb Seeds, and a Craft

Yesterday was simply a lazy day. I think I stayed in my pj's until early the early afternoon and scanned over numerous craft blogs (my most recent obsession). Looking at all of the craft blogs and searching for authentic Cath Kidston fabrics for a reasonable price (an impossible feat, I assure you), I was in a very crafty mood. So, I made some Assam black tea, turned on a Hilary Gardner Christmas cd, and decided to make this project. And this is how mine turned out...



Not too bad, if I do say so myself. This could be worn as a pin on a blouse, a cute hair accessory, or on a Fedora such as this one:



Oh, and here's a shot of my hot glue gun posing (I made such a mess with that thing! It was pretty ridiculous)




After we all ate dinner and began scrounging around for some dessert, we all came to realize that there was only about two slices left of the apple pie! At a few people's requests, I decided to quickly assemble another pie, so that everyone could have some. This time, I remembered to take a picture...



Today was mostly spent stacking firewood in the quonset hut (aka, the spaceship). We won't be able to use any of the birch or cottonwood we cut this year, because it is all pretty wet. But we do have a good stack of spruce for the winter. J, Ricky, Courtney, and I also worked on the metal roof some more. We are all really eager to finish that project!

A little over a week ago, I sent out an order for some heirloom herb seeds to grow in the house during winter. We are both pretty excited that we will be able to have fresh herbs for cooking. Today I received only one pack of seeds. (I called the company and the guy said that they shipped my Rosemary seeds separate from all the rest, and that I will be receiving the others tomorrow. Why they would separate them is beyond me...) Anyway, we should be getting the following seeds soon:

Large Leaf Basil
Chives
Cilantro
Dill
Lavender
Sweet Marjoram
Italian Oregano
Dark Green Flat Italian Parsley
Sage
Thyme
Mint
Lemon Basil


After I spent the evening scurrying around trying to finish the evening chores (milking, feeding, and watering the goats, doing the dishes, cleaning my milking equipment, taking laundry off the line and putting fresh clothes back on it, and folding the laundry), I am thoroughly exhausted. Anyway, that's all for now folks.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment