Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Homestead, lately. And some crafty ideas

I thought I would share a little bit of what we have been working on lately. We are in crunch time squared in order to get everything that needs to be done, done before the ground freezes. It was 38 degrees this morning, and there's snow on both Pioneer Peak and King's Mountain. You know what that means... WINTER!!! J and I, well mostly me, are freezing our tail feathers off in the RV. So it's time to crack the whip and get things moving so that we can get into our house. We are now halfway done with the metal roofing. It will be a huge relief, mostly for J and Ricky (because they are the ones actually getting on the roof) when the metal is on the house. I am very satisfied with the color we chose, and it will be interesting to see how it goes with the house once the logs are stained and have darkened. So here are a few pictures from the past couple of days...



Ricky and I cutting the metal roofing... The orange hard hat was not necessary for the task, but I couldn't find any other sort of hearing protectors, and the sawzall was extremely loud.



J on the roof...







So, the other day when I went into town, I decided to stop by the fabric department at Walmart and Joann's (a VERY dangerous place!) I came home with a ton of fabric remnants and some other odds and ends, feeling very creative and inspired by the following projects... Hopefully, you will see future posts on these!















No comments:

Post a Comment